The radio play once belonged to the avant-garde of literary genres - that was in the 1960s. Important authors and directors produced elaborate works for radio. Those memorable times are over. And yet - at least in Heidelberg - there is a small renaissance of the radio play, namely as a multimedia live experience: the ensemble "die artverwandten - Gesellschaft für abwegige Literatouren" has been exploring the almost unlimited experimental possibilities of this form on stage since 2018. In 2018 they adapted Alfred Andersch's "Hit and Run", in 2019 they continued with a homage to Ray Bradbury. Now "die artverwandten" are bringing a classic (not only) to the stage, with various speakers, specially composed music, suggestive video projections and use of light: Friedrich Dürrenmatt's play "The Visit of the Old Lady" has lost none of its topicality - just look around the world - with its questions about morality and guilt, corruption and seduction. So, in the words of director Jens Roth, one can look forward to "new mental resonance spaces and a synaesthetic, emotionally overwhelming experience".
The 3G rule applies, which means that for this concert you need:
- EITHER proof of a personalised, daily negative rapid antigen test conducted by medical professionals (e.g. at a testing centre).
- OR proof of a complete vaccination (at least 14 days after the second vaccination)
- OR a convalescent certificate (not older than 6 months)
- a medical respirator to be worn during the whole event
- On-site registration via Luca app or registration form.
Due to the unpredictability of the occurrence of infections, changes at short notice are also possible. Therefore, we kindly ask you to inform yourself immediately before the event on this website about possible new regulations.